Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weekend Trip to Ohio...

Last weekend Justin and I made a flying trip to his home. His older brother Jake got married in the Bahamas a few weeks back. To celebrate and get family and friends together the families had a reception for Jake in Andrea at Justin's parents home in Ohio. They have a beautiful place with lots of land so it was the perfect place! I didn't document as well as I would have liked, but it was beautiful....there was a big white tent, lots of tables, beautiful flowers, music, dancing, and fabulous food! I think we figured up a total of 11 hours of sleep the entire weekend!!! :( We were pooped, but that was our decision and we defiantly paid for it. Enjoy a few pictures from the weekend....On the road again....I became antsy about 1/2 way. Justin thought a photo shoot would entertain me a little. I'll spare you all the photos we took. :) Justin is on the road ALL the time, it was nice to travel together for once!!! We really enjoyed our time together. This is the entire gang! Well minus 1 grandchild...but with all these people participating, that's an accomplishment! 2 parents, 6 children, 4 non-bloods, 6 grandchildren...whew that's a crowd.
Boyfriend and I before the events started. This party was "Resort Casual" He went with linen shorts and polo and I went with the linen pleated sundress. (My dress looks awkward in this picture...I promise I'm not poking my belly out.)
This my friends is from Skyline. This must be a northern thing....because we don't have it back where I'm from! BUT...it will change your life. Because we don't have it at home...we got it on our way in and out. (TO SHARE....I didn't eat this alone!)

Now that's what we call TEAM WORK people!!!!

On our way home we ran into a lot of bugs. So many...at one point...I thought it was raining. It got so bad we had to stop because we could not see...totally unsafe!!
Boyfriend so kindly cleaned half the window so I could properly document. Isn't that disgusting?
So while we were stopped...we went shopping. This is the #1 reason I love traveling with boyfriend. I like to call this our "second wind"

As soon as we got home and unpacked the car...I went and fetched The Luc. She stayed at her normal kennel. I called to check on her a few different times. She ate great during her stay and she got to play in the "large breed calm group". The calm part shocked me, but made me proud. We always hate to leave her for trips but we LOVE to get her back home!!!

All in all it was a great trip. We loved seeing family and friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. What is the food in the picture above?? Maybe I am supposed to know what that is, but I don't! Help a soon to be northerner out!

    ReplyDelete