Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy-o!!!

Today is a very special day for a very special man in my life....MY DADDY!

I think every girl says this, but I really do have the best Dad. He is a true trooper. From day one he has been out numbered. He married my mom and got more than just 1 girl, he got three. Dad is a soft spirit.....when we are yelling, crying, and bickering like a bunch of crazy women....he softly says..."girls".......and we ALL know Dad means he has had enough. It is funny to me that he says 1 word and we get it.

I feel like my dad sacrifices so much for me! I'll give you an example of what I mean. I remember my freshman year of college. My parents were making a trip to my school to get my voting registration papers. My mom called and asked me to come downstairs. I selfishly asked her to come up because my toilet was clogged in my dorm. So she ran up stairs and rushed me back down. I walked outside the dorm and there my Dad was leaning up against a silver Lexus IS300....AKA the car of my dreams. He was so proud and I was so excited. My Dad makes sure everyone else is driving a nice dependable car and takes what is left. A few weeks ago he repainted his "P.O.S." to make it look a little more presentable......just goes to show he puts his family first.

I love to call my Dad and just check in on him. I'm usually calling him to apologize for being a demanding little toot when I was younger. I didn't realize how hard my parents worked to provide all the essentials not to mention all the EXTRAS!!! Now that I am a working girl, it has opened up a new appreciation for all those extras they tried to provide. I also thank him for not beating me between the ages of 14-17....I was HATEFUL and he loved me anyways. :)

I think my Dad has taught me SO many things and I have SO many memories surrounding him. I don't know about you....but I have a smell for people. My smell for my Dad is Red Man chew and body filler. HA I know that is so random....but if I every see those two things I stop and sniff them....they always take me back to my Pops.

Dad, I hope your boss gave you the day off and I hope your favorite guys at Las Palmas gave you a discount because I know you paid for your own dinner!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

  1. Super sweet! Happy Birthday Lindsey's Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Your dad is one of the sweetest people I know...and he would have to be to have lived with you 4 girls!:) Happy Birthday, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post. I love my daddy so much! I hope your Daddy has a very special birthday!!

    ReplyDelete