Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Continuation of my trip home: Pumpkin Patch

We couldn't have picked a colder day....but we made the most of our day at the pumpkin patch. One of my fondest memories is of my mom dressing me up and taking me to the pumpkin patch. So while I was home I wanted to take my nephews to the pumpkin patch at Family Farm...or AKA Fantasy Farm. (they had a name change a few years back) Last year the farm decided to be open for the fall. They have hayrides around the farm, a HUGE tepee where Mrs. May often tells stories of our heritage, they have a "Hay Play" with an enormous slide, and don't forget a large patch of pumpkins! Dawson had plans, but Chase was down for being the only child....so we ventured out for some fun!
LeAnn, Mom, and Dv on the hayride CB and I all cuddled up on the hayride!

A few pictures of the farm...

This is a picture of the brand NEW building at FF. They are open to weddings, receptions, family reunions, birthday parties...you name it!!! It is a HUGE place with a fantastic view. If you are in need, let me know I'll get you in touch with the right people. :)

GROUP SHOT!!! (Yes I am in a dress at camp. I came straight from homecoming!)

CB and a camp cat.

And THIS my friends is "Momma May". She is the lady that runs this place. She has been my teacher, boss, and friend. I had a cold that day and before my mom got there Mrs. May had made me chicken noodle soup and had given me meds. She is a mother at heart and a true woman of God. She will just call me and tell me that I have been on her heart and that she has been praying for me. It is always at the perfect time. God has given her a gift. She is a true "prayer warrior". If she says, "I'm praying for you".....she REALLY is.

It was so special to be back at camp! I am a camper at heart! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment