Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a week...

I have been such the blogging slacker. But I'm back and ready to update you all on what has been happening the past few weeks.
Baseball season is here in full force! The Campbell Camels started February 20. Justin's dad came down from Ohio to surprise us for Justin's opening weekend. I had a feeling he would pull a fast one on us and show up. We were hoping he would stay with us, but I think he enjoys a quiet hotel room. But we really enjoyed him while he was here and can't wait for him to come back! Justin is on a road trip as week speak. He left a week ago tomorrow and will not return until Sunday. This will be the longest road trip this season and thank the good Lord for that.
I love to think that I am an independent person and don't rely on others for much. But lets be honest with one another.....I RELY ON JUSTIN. I haven't slept well, eaten well, or woken up on time in a week. I get in bed and hear the wind blow and hear every car that drives by. I have been up later this past week than I have been in months. For dinner one night I had rice, wine, and girl scout cookies. Boyfriend cooked homemade spaghetti sauce and meatloaf before he left. That way I have a few things in the fridge to fall back on. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not so much the cooker. I often forget about items ON or IN the stove....this ALWAYS ends up with smoke, fire, my smoke alarm blaring, my dog freaking out, and my house smelling sick nasty. He tries to avoid all of these things and was attempting to take care of me. I try to change up the pace from night to night....so last night I had apples and peanut butter. Do you see now why I need him home? And as far as getting up late....me and the alarm have a love hate relationship. I don't know how to work it. So this week I haven't been up on time once....Lucy has been a big help in that department.
I'm just so ready for my life to be back in order. I want to sleep well, eat well, Justin to take the dog out in the cold ;) and have my friend back. When he travels we don't talk much. He is worried about 35 other people....feeding them, making sure they are up on time....all the things he does for me....so I'm beyond ready to have him home! Can you tell? HA
However I'm very proud of his team and his work...they are off to a fabulous start 8-1. They play Friday and Saturday this week...then home for awhile.
While they are home...we have a few people coming to see us. WE LOVE VISITORS! Bryan and Rebecca Dawson-Jones are coming to visit!!!! We cannot wait. Bryan is Justin's best friend and Rebecca is my cousin and they are married. We love love love them and miss them so much.

They are our preferred double date:)


Post Script: When Justin's Dad came to visit us he brought us the 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies we ordered from Justin's nieces. Let me just tell you...I'm not territorial about anything int he pantry...but if you touch the purple box...we WILL have words. I hope you enjoy your cookies and savor each cookie like I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment