Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's that time of year AGAIN

Baseball season has arrived!!! That is an exciting things and an exhausting thing. Justin's opening day is February 20, which is only 17 days away. The Campbell Camels had a banquet to kick off their season, they like to call it the "First Pitch Banquet". I have been through 4 of these events now and this is the first one that Justin and I actually got to go together, so it was a monumental event. The event was a total success! Bobby Richardson was invited to speak. He is a former NY Yankees baseball player. (1955-1966) He was a joy to hear speak....he loves Jesus and Baseball...which was very refreshing.

The is me and boyfriend at the Banquet...

I am 65 days away from open day! April 9th, mark it down....my life comes to a screeching halt, but I'm excited for season to be here.

This is the fourth season that Justin and I have been dating through baseball season. Which to you may not seem like a huge deal. But ask any coaches girlfriend, wife, child, friend or family member....this is an accomplishment. Baseball for an occupation is year around...contrary to popular belief it is NOT seasonal. This year is going to be an EXTRA challenge because I also work in baseball. In previous years I had a flexible schedule. Unlike this year I too am dictated by a game schedule. There are a lot of long nights and weeks ahead of us. It will be more challenging than ever. But we are as prepared as we can be, so bring it on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment