Monday, September 6, 2010

Me+Ouachita=the best years of my life


Today my Alma mater, Ouachita Baptist University is having a Blog Day for founders day! I think it is such an awesome idea and I love an excuse to talk about my OBU days. There are so many things that I love about those years, I don't know if I can do it justice with one blog. You can look back here to read a previous post about OBU.

My mother was an OBU graduate and so I grew up hearing about this place. I wanted a small university, a place where I did not have to have community bathrooms, and I wanted to go someplace "different". After visiting multiple local universities, I was ALMOST sure that OBU was the place for me.

I have to say me ending up at OBU, finding friends, and actually graduating in 4 years was ALL a God thing. I guess you could say I was a "social butterfly."
Below are a FEW of my favorite things about Ouachita....

1. Social Clubs-
Social Clubs are OBU's version of Fraternities and Sororities and this was the turning point for me-BID Day 2004 when I pledged EEE and becoming a Rho Sigma Sweetheart. These days were the days that changed the "ALMOST sure" to an ABSOLUTELY sure that Ouachita was the place for me. Pledge Class 2005

Rho Sigma Sweetheart

2. Friends

There are no friends like OBU friends. (That's my motto) My best friends came from my years at Ouachita and continue to be my best friends today.
3. Outings, TWIRP Week, and Mixers....Again, I was a social butterfly so any time to get out, dress up, and meet new people I was in!

TWIRP Week-EEE 50's Night with Gus!



Two of MANY tacky Christmas sweater parties


2005 outing to Austin Texas-We hosted Dave Barnes


RUSH-Rho Sigma Saloon


Find Your Sister A Mister Outing (but who needs Misters when you have SISTERS?)

EEE-Haw

3. My Husband Justin. We met my freshman year of college (2004), started dating my sophomore year (2005), and got married August 7, 2010!!! I am so lucky to have found him at OBU.

4. And then.....I GRADUATED....look my name is even in the concrete. :)

In all seriousness. The four years I spent at OBU were the best. I would go back TODAY and do it all over again!































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!

    I graduated from OBU several years before you but it's funny how many experiences are still the same.

    ReplyDelete