Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Wedding Shower

We had our first wedding shower last weekend. The shower was at my home church in Arkansas. I was SO nervous. I'm not one to get nervous, especially around people I know very well. I just felt very uncomfortable with everyone looking at me. I can't imagine what I'll be like on the wedding day. : / I'm sure it is a normal feeling...but its a new one for me, so I'm working through it.
These are the ladies who hosted the shower for Justin and I. They consist of family friends, teachers, family members, church family members, former Sunday school teachers, former teammates, really one of every kind. :) They are all too sweet and did a fabulous job decorating and organizing!
These are the gifts I walked into. Like before ANYONE showed up.
I started unwrapping gifts 30 minutes before guests arrived and NEVER STOPPED!
We are very blessed with such giving friends!
My mom and I on shower day. She was amazing all weekend.
We ran a zillion errands and got a ton accomplished.
Thanks Mom!!!

And these ladies made my day. Each one of these girls will be in the wedding and I literally could not imagine it any other way. Just their presence at the shower was comforting. :)
We are having another large shower soon. Please pray my nerves chill out, I want to be able to relax and enjoy these fun moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment