Monday, August 24, 2009

1 year ago....

One year ago this month I left Arkansas and moved to North Carolina. I'm telling you it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my young life. Leaving the only place I have EVER known, leaving my family, animals, friends, church, all the comforts of home you take for granted. I packed up mine and Justin's car (which was a challenge) and we hit the road to NC. It was like I had the whole world in front of me. I was going to a place where 1 person knew me. I could be anyone I wanted to be, do anything I wanted to do. That was exciting to me.

God has blessed me and showed me who I really am. He has blessed me with my first job and a work place that is so unique and full of fun people. He has also blessed me with a church home where I have made friends and really feel apart. I have learned that things are not always ideal...but they will always work out. That my plan and God's plan don't always line up...but his is always better anyways. I have learned to go with the flow and trust God.

My sister is not to far away in town and she is a huge comfort. I remember my first birthday in town was only weeks after I moved. Justin was out of town....so my sister saved the day and cooked my favorite meal :Fish sticks, mac and cheese, and jiffy cornbread. She also made me yellow cake with chocolate icing out of a box=my fav! She and Vicki are always keeping me in the loop with fun things and dinner, checking in on me and making sure I know about the nearest storm. We see each other the perfect amount...we don't smother each other, but it is so nice to know they are close. :)

I think Justin and I have learned so much in this year. We have really had to rely on each other. He has been so supportive and patient. He lets me cry and yell and be anything I want to be. He is such a good listener and is always willing to help me. He also went from a dog hater to a dog lover. HAHAH Maybe not a dog lover...but a Lucy lover and that is all that matters. He set 34398309 rules when she arrived and now he is a rule breaker!!!! :) I just love him.

For the remainder of the blog I will make a list (because things are better in a list) about a few things I have noticed over the last year.....

1. I HEART Bojangles-we don't have them in AR, if you see one STOP!!!!!
2. We have BP gas stations run a muck out here. we have 1 in my home town in AR
3. Sonic is a RARE occurrence in NC. Which should be a SIN!
4. NC doesn't allow billboards. Everything is about the trees!
5. No one is from here....we are the melting pot of America I have decided. Which is nice...everyone is in the same boat
6. I miss my family-I wish they were just a car ride away...8 hours not 16.
7. People should NOT make fun of AR for being hilbilly-ish...NC is JUST as bad.
8. Wal-marts aren't in every town like AR....they are in every third town...which I think is just crazy. I'll drive three towns away just to shop at one. (sorry Autumn)
9.I only knew you could get groceries at Kroger, Wal-mart, Harvest Foods. Well I think NC has to many grocery stores: Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lows (not the hardware store), Kroger, Wal-mart, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods.....this list goes on and on and on-ridiculous!
10. No one in the country keeps their dogs A. in a fence B. on a leash. Hacks me off! But I do, because I am a responsible parent. :)

Enough of this list. Thanks to everyone who let me go...against your will. It really has been good for me....even though I miss you terribly. Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me, you are such a blessing!

I am excited to see what God his in store for me this next year. I can only imagine what all he has to teach me over the next few years. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have grown into a beautiful young woman. Love your thoughts and introspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you came to NC! Loved reading this post.

    ReplyDelete