Thursday, September 8, 2011

The big 25

 Well a few weeks ago I turned 25.  Mother Nature brought me a hurricane so we didn't plan a lot just in case the weather got bad.  Thankfully we were spared and it turned out to be a great birthday! Thursday I got a sweet card and gift in the mail from my in-laws.  It was an awesome way to kick off the celebration! Friday before I left work I got this little treat!

It was from my family back in Arkansas.  Don't get me wrong I love flowers.  But I LOVE ones you can eat!

Friday night my sister Jill and my sister out of law Vicki came over to eat "yellow foods" with us. 
If you haven't heard me talk about yellow foods before here is your definition-my fondest childhood memories all on one plate.  The perfect Birthday dinner! 
Fish sticks, creamed corn, Jiffy cornbread, and mac and cheese....Don't forget the yellow cake with chocolate icing. :)
Justin planned a great night out for sushi!  It was fabulous!
 
Funny story..while at dinner I was reflecting on turning 25.  I asked Justin, "Do you think mid life crisis are real? Do they really happen?"  He said, "Well....I turned 25 and I started dating an 18 year old!"
That 18 year old was me and at 25 that made me chuckle!



1 comment: