Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What has kept me away...


You haven't heard form me since October and that is because we have had our hands full. Meet Piper and Maddie. I have devoted 100% of my time to these two for the sake of my carpet and furniture! :)
My mom flew in the first weekend in November and about 3 minutes later while exiting the airport we saw these babies being led into the Highway by their momma. What a welcome present to my mom...but she couldn't leave them either.  The vet guessed they were 4-5 weeks old when we found them. 

Through social media I was able to find both girls homes.  Maddie went to live with a friend from church after the first week and is doing really well. 
This is Piper.  She also found a home through social media but her home was further away in Ohio! Friends of ours were looking for a pup to give their girls from Santa and we happened to be going that way in a few weeks to visit family.  We agreed to keep Piper for the rest of November and deliver her to Ohio just in time for Santa!

During those 8 weeks we had a long Thanksgiving break and I was out of work sick so we had lots of bonding time on the couch and in the middle of the night for pee breaks! 
She learned how to wear and walk on a leash, sit, lay down, shake, and last but not least sleep through the night while she was with us!
I didn't introduce Lucy to both puppies because that would have been cruel and unusual punishment! But Lucy tolerated Piper well.  Piper would harass her non stop, eat out of her bowl, and take a bone straight from Lucy's mouth with no problems!  I have to say I was so impressed with Lucy's temperament! I can't say they were best friends...but I think Lucy missed her when she was gone!
 I was so sad and maybe even cried a little at the thought and the action of giving her away. But two little girls were so happy when they woke up Christmas morning! I miss her, but I know she very loved!

Thank you to my family and friends for helping babysit and nurse these babies back to health and thank you to Maddie and Piper's new families for being willing to take a Heinz 57 pup with a lot of potential!







No comments:

Post a Comment