Thursday, May 27, 2010

If you are ever looking for a new vacation spot, you should visit the Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina. I am so lucky to live in a state that has so much to offer. Sadly, I haven't seen the half of it. But I went with the weekend crew (My sister and Friends) to visit Asheville. It was absolutely beautiful and I learned so much!
The weekend started with a dog rescue. I am always looking for stray puppies, in fact Lucy is one. :) And I happen to be traveling with 4 other dog lovers. Between the five of us we own 6 puppies, most being rescues. So when we saw this little pup we had to stop. Happily, we found the owners...it was very rewarding!
We eventually made it to Hot Springs, NC where we had a mineral bath. Did I mention this bath was outside on the bank of a river? A-mazing!
While in Hot Springs we visited the Appalachian Trail. I'm sure you have heard of it, but I had not. This trail goes from Georgia to Main and Hot Springs, NC happens to be a place where the trail crosses. So I got to have my picture taken on the trail. It is fascinating to me that people hike that far!


Next we visited the Biltmore Estate. Isn't it beautiful? The grounds, the house, the winery ;) were all breath taking. At one point my sister asked me if I was having a good time because I was so quiet. I was just amazed. If you are looking for a romantic getaway in the US...look it up!

We spent some time in downtown Asheville and we saw this....

This is a REAL GIRL! Again, I was fascinated. When you tip her...she played her drum. I could have just stood and looked at her. Now, THAT is a long day at the office. ;)Last but not least....my sister and the Reverend at my wedding. Whoop. In just 72 days Dr. Jill will marry Justin and I.

We need to stop vacationing and plan the ceremony. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment